We’re strengthening the immune system anyway we possibly can right now. As the saying goes…
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
I believe, it’s our responsibility to build immunity and start fighting the cold and flu way way way WAY before the cold or flu has a chance to set in. Actually, I’ll just say we should always be supporting our immunity. Full stop.
There’s a funny blame game that happens when this cold and flu season sets in. “I was hanging out with X and he/she was coughing, must be their fault.” This very sentence is ridiculous, although believe me I’ve said it many a times before. But it’s got to stop.
There are so many foods we can eat to help our bodies during this time. Ultimately, it’s a time to slow down, recharge, be a bit lazy, stay warm, stay cozy and stay grounded. Here are a few of them combined into a cute little eggy dish.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon spices (turmeric, cinnamon, ginger are great)
- 2 eggs
- Half teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- Half an avocado
- 1 drop lime oil (or some grated lime zest or juice)
- Heat pan on a medium heat.
- Add coconut oil and melt.
- Add spices to pan and let them heat through for 30 seconds – 1 minute until fragrant.
- Crack eggs into pan.
- Once eggs are close to cooked, add the ginger and garlic to the pan.
- Tip pan slightly on it’s side and spoon over the extra oil.
- Add a pinch of cumin seeds to the pan and let them toast while the egg finishes off cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Smash avo with a form and add the lime oil – I’ve also been adding a little bit extra ginger and garlic for an immunity boost.
- Serve with a chunk of sourdough bread and some sauerkraut or pickles.
May the immunity be with you.