Build your immunity with this simple smoothie. Bursting with ginger and lime, make this a morning staple and switch up the greens for a different hit of nutrients.
I usually don’t have smoothies in winter. It is the last thing you want to consume on a chilly morning, but… when I feel a little run down this is the recipe I head for. I then follow it with a ginger tea or another warming drink.
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 1 thumb of ginger (TIP: you can easily peel ginger skin using a teaspoon)
- 1 – 2 limes, juice or cut into quarters and peel skin off like an orange
- 1 lemon, juice or cut into quarters and peel skin off like an orange
- 1/2 – 1 apple
- Handful of your greens of choice – parsley, cos lettuce, baby spinach, or kale
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup of water or coconut water
- 1 handful of ice
- Chop and peel your bounty of produce
- Add to your blender and blend on high for 2 minutes