Christmas ham has always been the best type of ham. For a long time, I didn’t even know that Christmas ham was available throughout the year. In my defence I was young and thought that shaved ham and Christmas ham were two different things. Well I guess they kind of are. Christmas ham is next level.
Every year I always wonder how many days it will take to get over incorporating ham into every meal. Just before you can finally find space in the fridge for other cuts of meat and fresh vegetables.
Looking back over the years I’ve compiled the best leftover Christmas ham recipes that I’ve encountered. I’d love to hear from you too, leave your thoughts in the comments below.
The best leftover Christmas ham recipes
So obvious but it would be a disservice to Christmas to leave it out.
Toast your bread, spread some whole egg mayo and seeded mustard.
Fry ham slices on a hot frying pan with garlic, fennel seeds and black pepper until the outsides a crunchy and dark.
Bolognese or Tomato Sauce
Add 1/2 cup diced ham to your bolognese or tomato sauce to balance out the beautiful acidic tomato taste.
Keep that ham bone and transform this chicken soup into ham soup for a collagen rich meal that will cure the heaviest Christmas hangover.
Ham and Pea Frittata
- Turn on grill to a medium heat
- Beat 6 eggs in a large bowl
- Add 1/4 cup parmeasan cheese, a sprig of rosemary and salt/pepper to taste to egg mixture
- Heat an oven proof frying pan on stove
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter or oil
- Pour in mixture and slowy stir for a few minutes until it begins to cook (around 5 minutes)
- Place pan under griller and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Serve with fresh parsley, chives and dollops of goats’ cheese
And if you still have leftovers…
Remember you can always freeze in small batches and thaw when needed for slow cooked meals later in the year.
Wishing you all THE BEST, relaxing, most delicious Christmas yet.