Chai is one of those things where it’s got to be made with love, otherwise it will taste like weak milky water. Or watery milk, whichever you prefer.
I’m on a break from coffee, so I’ve subbed in Masala Chai as my daily warm up. And I’m officially obsessed with this recipe and it’s so quick to make. The ULTIMATE winter drink.
- Chai tea bags – I’ve been using Pukka (caffeine free) vanilla chai or sometimes I make a chai concentrate from spices and black tea
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Add your teabag to a pot or a mug.
- Add water and bring to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Or boil water and add to your mug and steep for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Add cacao powder and honey and stir through.