Mmm mmm mmm ain’t nothing better than some crackers and dip!
But did you know crackers are SUPER EASY to make? I’ve shared another cracker recipe over here, but these ones below are a little fancier.
It’s a funny story how this recipe came into my life. I’d been wanting to make a seeded cracker for a long time and was about to start testing a few recipes myself when my mum visited with a platter full of crunchy crackers fresh from the oven. Her Swedish neighbour had shared the recipe and my parents were going crackers for the crackers… “They’re the best!” She said.
Since that day, everyone’s made the crackers and they definitely impress all tastebuds.
I love these with slices of fresh cucumber and labneh, crumbled up on top of a soup or with my salad for a little bit of crunch factor.
Crunchy seeded crackers
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup corn flour (I also use ground millet or spelt flour)
- 1/5 cup ghee, coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Measure out ingredients, except water and place in a big heat proof bowl. Mix well.
- Boil water and tip into bowl. Mix well.
- Grab 2 baking trays, line with baking paper.
- Half mixture and spread out on the 2 baking trays into a thin layer.
- Place in oven and baked at 150 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 200 degrees.
- Remove trays from oven and score your crackers into squares, circles or long thin strips.
- Place trays back in oven for 15 – 25 minutes. This will depend on your oven and if it runs hot. I find my crackers are usually good by about 15 minutes, I turn the heat off and let them rest with the door closed. Timing will also depend on how thin you can get your crackers and if they’re evenly spread.
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only
- Half bunch parsley
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice (or 2-3 drops of pure essential oil)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Throw all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste test and adjust, it may need a bit more lemon or salt.