You can find my work in…
I’m Lou. Kitchen Coach, Mama …
and lover of crispy bacon, homemade popcorn and 3 drinks at once (coffee, water and OJ and no I definitely can drink them all).
I bought the concept of ‘healthy lunch delivery’ to the Sydney CBD in 2013 when you had to walk 45 minutes to get a half decent bowl of greens.
It used to take me 3 hours to make a batch of corn fritters, I’d serve them up, with nothing else. Then demand my guests cook their own eggs (and mine too).
You’ll find me in Vogue, Harris Farm, Buzzfeed, and Body+Soul. And most notably (to me) cooking day in and day out for my family, while being a mum, running a business and having a life.
MISTAKES I’VE MADE
– I followed recipes to a ‘T’. Step by step. I was so busy focussing, I never learnt anything and I’d be exhausted by the time the meal was ready.
– I’d buy all the ingredients and then never use them, wasting my money.
– I used to plan my meals by following other peoples recipes, not paying attention to the seasons.
– Because I didn’t pay attention to the seasons. My veggies weren’t fresh and delicious like seasonal is and I spent more money on our grocery bill.
– And because I lacked confidence and skills, I couldn’t freestyle with the ingredients I had meaning I’d waste food that I left sitting it the fridge.
– When I started experimenting with ditching the recipe. I made a lot of bad, bland and inedible meals because I lacked a solid cooking foundation and flavour knowledge.