Week 7: Dude Food
This isn’t just kid focussed or for mums. We’re all fussy fuckers at some point in our day or week. It’s just soooo annoying when you’re putting all the effort in and it seems to go unappreciated OR when you’re hyping yourself up way too much for cooking a simple dins for your guests.
This week is about building the confidence and sass without crumbling or sweating bullets or burning the house down.
This week is also geared to creating delish ‘takeaway’ style meals, without the crappy ingredients. I love cooking these meals, especially pizza and flatbreads (PS: same recipe).
Lesson 1 - Dude Food and Fussy Fuckers
CLASS: DUDE FOOD + FUSSY FUCKERS
Watch the lesson
Dude Food Ebook
DOWNLOAD: DUDE FOOD EBOOK
Tomato Olive Rosemary and Feta Pasta with Chorizo (done for you recipe)
TOMATO, OLIVE, ROSEMARY FETA PASTA, WITH CHORIZO
Recipe from I have 20 minutes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion
2 garlic cloves
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 zucchini, diced
A sprig of rosemary
- In a pan heat oil.
- Dice onion and chorizo (if using). Add to pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives, zucchini, smashed garlic cloves and rosemary.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water, add pasta and cook to packet instructions.
- Drain pasta and mix through some olive oil to keep it from sticking, along with a pinch of salt.
- Throw into frying pan and mix through pasta sauce.
- Top with crumbled feta, salt and pepper.
Spinach + Feta Sausage Rolls (done for you recipe)
SPINACH + FETA SAUSAGE ROLLS
Recipe from Dude Food book
Approx 4 sheets of puff pastry
500g frozen spinach OR 500g mince of choice
1 brown onion, diced
1 clove garlic, smashed/minced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup peptia seeds
1 egg, whisked
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw – you want the pastry to be cold though, just cold enough you can roll it up without it snapping in half. If it gets too warm, place in fridge until ready.
- Defrost spinach in pan or microwave. Drain in a sieve and squeeze all liquid out of it.
- Place spinach in bowl with feta, onion, garlic, bread crumbs and pepita seeds. Mix to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half, so you get 2 long sausage rolls per sheet.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place one sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Scoop 1/8 of mixture onto pastry and spread in an even line. Leave 2 thumb spaces between mixture and one of the edges of the pastry.
- Roll, roll, roll. You want the mix rolled firmly inside. Repeat with remaining 7 slices of pastry.
- Brush egg wash under the top layer of pastry and press firmly to make it stick.
- Keep rolls long or cut rolls into 5-6 pieces, then brush with egg wash all over rolls.
- Sprinkle with cumin and sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for approx 25 minutes until the tops of the rolls are crispy and brown.
- To save time, you could double or triple this recipe, cut into smaller pieces and freeze for later.
- Serve with Herby Tomato Sauce from Week 1.
Weekly Review Worksheet
How to use this worksheet
This worksheet is a reflection tool for you to get the most out of each week. It should take you around 5-10 minutes to complete, (it may take longer in the beginning) once you’ve watched the classes.
This isn’t mandatory and I won’t be checking up on you.
If you’d like to email me your worksheets (firstname.lastname@example.org), I’d be so excited to take a look at them. I love learning everyone’s lessons, their AHA moments and what really landed in the class.
Use this as a chance to review what you’ve done each week. Reviewing our actions helps us retain information we’ve learnt. It also acts as a nice reminder when you go to make these recipes again and you can’t remember a certain step you added from your past cook.
I recommend for each class, printing the ingredients list so you can take notes during each class.
To edit: You will need to save a copy of this worksheet to your computer.