If you have a mandolin or veggie slicer and you’re unsure what to do with it, make these chips.
Delicious. Warm. Crunchy. Crispy. A great salad topper, side to a main meal, a healthy snack or just because.
How to make beetroot chips
- 1 beetroot
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- A few sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, leave your oven trays in so they heat up.
- Thinly slice your beets using a mandolin or veggie slicer or your superb knife skills – note the thinner the better folks.
- Place beet slices in a bowl and coat with coconut oil and rosemary.
- Carefully remove your oven trays and line with baking paper.
- Arrange beets on baking trays making sure they don’t overlap.
- Bake in oven for approx 20 minutes. They will crisp up once removed from the oven. I remove them, leave them to rest for a few minutes and test which are crispy done and put the others back in the oven for another few minutes. There’s a super fine line between beautifully cooked and burnt, don’t say you haven’t been warned!