Hooly dooly. It’s a scorcher and it’s only 11.11am.
As someone with an active job, I know what it’s like to need hydration and feel like no matter how much water I drink, it’s just not working. In times of need, or just for pure deliciousness – this is my go to healthy tasty smoothie.
It’ll fill you up and is so SIMPLE. Just CHOP > BLEND > POUR > GULP
You’ll have a refreshing healthy mango melon cooler in a matter of minutes.
Watermelons are 92% water so they’re the perfect ingredient on days when it’s too hot and you need something more than water to hydrate and energise you.
While some people say they’re just water and sugar. I don’t believe this is true. They actually contain more Lycopene than raw tomatoes. Lycopene is a powerful carotenoid antioxidant that gives fruits and vegetables a pink or red color. There are studies that Lycopene has anti-cancer benefits – hello, food is medicine. AND packs a punch with vitamin A, C, B6, potassium and magnesium.
You could blend up the smoothie with just melon and drink it as it. But I add a mango for creaminess and 2 drop of grapefruit essential oil.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil is an all round winner. Add one to two drops to your water to support a healthy metabolism.
Grapefruit essential oil can also be used to increase motivation. It’s a morning ritual of mine to head to my oils and smell my peppermint or EasyAir (this wakes me up), then I smell a citrus oil which helps motivate me and get me into the day with a bang.
Grapefruit essential oil improves the appearance of blemishes (just make sure you avoid sun exposure) – apply this at night.
MANGO MELON COOLER
- 1 mango, chopped and deseeded
- Watermelon – approximately 2 cups
- 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- Chop your fruit
- Add to blender and blend on high for 1 minute or until combined
- Snap a photo and post to instagram, making sure you tag @lunchladylou
- Take a moment and appreciate the rainbow you’re about to drink… how GREAT is the colour?!
- Gulp it down and marvel in the beauty of the produce we’re so darn lucky to have access to in Australia
Love and mango melon coolers