I know, the bliss ball train may have departed a while ago – BUT when the oranges are in season there’s really only one thing to do with them.
Grab the chocolate, the coconut, the dates and some nuts and make yourself some jaffa choc orange inspired healthy sweet treats.
I love orange and if you’re like me, you may want to increase your orange-ness by adding the other half of the orange juice. Go crazy.
This recipe could form the base of a delicious slice too.
As ‘they’ say…
the world is your bliss ball.
So get cracking, follow this recipe to the most delicious bliss ball party you’ll ever attend.
Raw Jaffa Bliss Balls
- 1 cup cashews/almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup dates
- 3-4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4-8 drops of a good therapeutic grade essential oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender/thermie/food processor.
- Blend on high to combine to desired consistency. ** If you’d like a smooth creamy mixture, blend the nuts and coconut first to make a nut meal.
- Line a plate with baking paper and wet your hands.
- Scoop approx 1 tablespoon of bliss mixture and roll in your hands to form a ball.
** For the lazy version, line a baking tin with baking paper. Scoop the mix of the tray and flatten out.
- Place in fridge/freezer until set. If you’re making the lazy version, then use a warm knife to cut into mini squares or logs.