I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and I found a bunch of recipes that I have not yet posted on the blog. Here’s one from circa 2013, you know I can still remember making these and taking this arty photo from my small little kitchen in Bondi. It was a Sunday arvo, I’d just come back from swim number 2 at the beach and I got to meal prepping for the week.
You can make these for the week ahead. I think they’d freeze pretty well too.
They taste AMAZING. They’re cute in a novel ‘muffin’ kind of way and the flavour combo’s are endless.
Breakfast Eggy Muffins
– 1 tbsp oil
– 1⁄2 red onion
– Fresh or dried herbs
– Veggies: tomato, zucchini, capsicum, pumpkin, carrot, broccoli Feta / coconut yoghurt / yoghurt
– 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
– Grease a muffin tray.
– Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil.
– Finely dice onion and add to pan. Sautee for 5 minutes.
– Finely chop whatever veggies you like. I measure how much by half filling each muffin tin.
– Chop the veggies small so they cook faster, although if you have leftover cooked veggies add those.
– Once you’ve half filled your muffin tins, crack 1-2 eggs into each muffin and whisk it.
– Sprinkle feta, salt, pepper, sunflower seeds on top.
– Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.