Choc Banana ‘mess’
This healthy dessert is really simple, actually there’s nothing to this and that’s why I LOVE IT. We’re combining banana and chocolate to create what can only be described as a Choc Banana ‘mess”, for obvious reasons… it’s a pile of yum.
I guess you could say this is my take on a banana split but with healthier options to fuel and energise, rather than spike your blood sugar.
You could caramelise the banana in a pan, around 5 minutes either side with a sprinkle of coconut sugar.
- 2 squares chocolate – I use 90% dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp yoghurt of choice – I use full fat natural or coconut
- Optional – for a double choc vibe: 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Optional – for extra sweetness: 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana
- Nut butter
- In a small pot, gently melt your chocolate on the lowest heat.
- For this, I don’t even both getting out the double boiler. Just keep it on the lowest heat possible and all will be OK.
- If you don’t want to melt the chocolate, chop it into chunks or fine shards and skip this step.
- Scoop yoghurt onto a small plate or bowl.
- Mix through cacao and maple syrup if using.
- Slice banana in half lengthways and scatter on top of yoghurt.
- Dollop small amount of nut butter around banana and yoghurt. Around 1 tablespoon is a nice amount.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and a touch of salt.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top.