Hello! Thanks for stopping by. This is my first official post and so I’m so excited to be sharing these tips with you. First off the rank is: THE Corn Fritters.
Way back when a dear friend shared this recipe with me and I’m so thankful she did. I’ve cooked this recipe for a whole host of friends and everyone falls in love. These fritters are juicy, the goats cheese adds an element of creaminess and the bundles of assorted herbs will leave you wanting more.
THE Corn Fritters
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of raw sweet corn kernels
- 2 small zucchinis, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 50 g plain flour (or spelt or your flour of choice)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 70g goat’s cheese
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1-2 spring onions, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt (or salt of your choice)
Grate zucchini into a bowl and sprinkle with a big pinch of salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then squeeze excess liquid out of the zucchini. Place zucchini back in bowl.
Add one cup of the corn kernels into a blender and puree. Add garlic, chilli, shallot and coriander to blender and puree.
Add flour and process for 1 minute, then add egg and process for 30 seconds.
Pour mix into a bowl and fold through the remaining corn, zucchini, parsley, feta, mint and spring onion.
Preheat frying pan or barbecue to medium heat. I use egg rings to cook these, as they give the fritter a nice shape. Use some olive oil to grease the egg ring before cooking.
Add the fritter mixture to egg rings and cook on both sides for 5 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
Serve with poached eggs, extra mint, coriander and a drizzle of olive oil.