Ways to use the doTERRA home essentials kit
I can remember receiving my doTERRA Home Essentials Kit and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the bottles in there.
When you open your very impressive purple doTERRA delivery box. Sitting in front over you will be 10 beautiful oils (and most likely more if you take advantage of the monthly incentives on offer).
10 beautiful plant powered oils that are so pure, so pungent (in a great way), so natural. In this day and age, we’re use to all the quick fixes. While a doTERRA Home Essentials kits offers many quick fixes, there’s some knowledge to learn first.
So I had this thought of ‘now what?’.
It suddenly felt like I needed to learn a whole new language.
I removed every cap, one by one and smelt them all. Their pure, natural smell amazed me and I was shocked at how different they smelt to the old brands I’d been using.
They smelt pure. They smelt like they were made with love. Like each bottle held so much integrity and plant power and was even a little bit holy. Like a plant based holy water.
I believe every home needs a doTERRA Home Essentials Kit. For a few reasons, but most of all I believe it’s the perfect launch point for a home to transition into a natural, chemical free or ‘low-tox’ home.
It’s rare that I use bleach or a chemical spray in the house and it’s been that way for quite a few years. Thinking right now, I can name the bottles in my house that contain chemicals; there’s 2 shower cleaners in the laundry cupboard, my husbands deodorant, my husbands toothpaste, a bug spray under the sink too. I know that’s not a lot compared to some houses but my goal is to get them to zero in a way that feels the best for the house and everyone living in it.
A Home Essentials Kit is the perfect launch point for a home to transition into a natural, chemical free or ‘low-tox’ home.
A Home Essentials Kit consists of:
- Digest Zen (15mL). Cost per drop = 12c
- Easy Air (15mL). Cost per drop = 8c
- Frankincense (15mL). Cost per drop = 28c
- Ice Blue (5mL). Cost per drop = 39c
- Lavender (15mL). Cost per drop = 8c
- Lemon (15mL). Cost per drop = 4c
- On Guard (15mL). Cost per drop = 13c
- Oregano (15mL). Cost per drop = 10c
- Peppermint (15mL). Cost per drop = 8c
- Tea Tree (15mL). Cost per drop = 8c
- Petal diffuser
- A doTERRA wholesale account – 25% off the retail price of the products
* 1 x 15mL bottle of oil contains 250 drops.
* 1 x 5 mL bottle of oil contains 83 drops.
There are 3 ways we can get the beautiful benefits of these certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils
- Aromatically – use the diffuser in your Home Essentials Kit to purify the air or change the mood or emotion of the room.
- Topically – apply directly to the skin for massage or for topical therapy. *its benefits to safely dilute with an organic carrier oil
- Internally – consume as a dietary supplement for targeted wellness.
20 Ways to use the doTERRA home essentials kit
- Lemon water. 1 cup of water with 1 drop of lemon essential oil.
- Diffuse lemon an peppermint in the morning to wake the house up. I add 5 drops of each and fill the rest with cold water. The lemon oil has the sweetest most juicy smell and purifies the air. Peppermint does just that, adds a pep to your step.
- Lavender and frankincense pure perfume. I add 15 drops each of lavender and frankincense to a roller bottle and fill the rest up with organic fractionated coconut oil or organic sweet almond oil.
- I add 2 drops of lavender or tea tree or lemon to the washing. The lavender adds a nice smell, the tea tree and lemon cleanse and purify.
- 1 drop of lavender on our pillows before bed – to promote a calm and relaxing room and a peaceful nights sleep. Great when assisting the little ones to go to sleep.
- 1 drop of On Guard in the morning – On Guard is a protective blend that can help fight environmental factors and the natural bodies antioxidant defenses.
- Cleaning spray – 5 drops each of oregano, lemon and tea tree. Providing an anti-bacterial and anti-microbial blend thats chemical free and a super cheap natural cleaning alternative.
- Raw sugar face scrub – I made a blend of lavender and peppermint, you can find the full process and other blends you can try over here.
- Cuts – 1 drop of tea tree and 1 drop of lavender, then I cover with a bandaid.
- Sore necks or muscle pain – from way too much computer time! 1-4 drops of Ice Blue in 10mL of carrier oil. I make this up in a little container and apply to my neck and shoulders after a long day or too much gym time.
- Headache relief – I’ll just open my peppermint bottle and inhale. Then close my eyes and take some time out to breathe.
- Stop snoring – Dare I be so bold and say this is for the ladies? When your man arrives home from a night at the pub, let him drift off to sleep add 1 drop of Easy Air on his pillow.
- Bliss balls – or any raw treats for that matter. In this recipe I’ve used wild orange – but you could sub for lemon or peppermint or lavender.
- Stop the bugs! – 5 drop of peppermint oil in a spray bottle with water and spray around doors, windows and openings to deter sneaky bugs and spiders.
- Breath freshener – 3 drops of peppermint oil, in a small bottle of water with a spray lid. Spritz whenever you feel the need.
- Natural remineralising toothpaste – 2 tablespoons baking soda, 3 tablespoons xylitol powder, 3-5 tablespoons coconut oil, 10 drops of peppermint oil, 5 drops on guard and 5 drops oregano, 5 tablespoons calcium powder (optional). Many sources say a combination like this has and can reverse tooth decay! I’m experimenting now and will report back.
- Aftershave – 1 drop tea tree in some carrier oil will help sooth after shaving.
- Toilet cleaner – 10 drops tea tree, 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup vinegar into the toilet bowl, scrub and leave for 15-30 minutes.
- Bloating or stomach aches – 1 drop of Digest Zen in a cup of warm water helps alleviate aches.
- Change the mood of the room – I diffuse light bright notes in the morning, oregano or on guard when there are germs around. Or lavender at night, I shower, turn the lights down and use soft lamps and create a really nice calming space to chill out and set myself up for an rejuvenating sleep.
Invest in your health and wellbeing with a doTERRA Home Essentials Kit for $330 (valued at over $500) and receive your oils at a wholesale price – as well as future loyalty discounts at 10%. Buy your kit here or book a call with me and ask me any questions you like.