Simple delicious recipes for busy women who dream of whipping up meals that feel effortless and fun.
Cooking can be a headache!
Even with the best intentions – cooking can feel like a part-time job. You’ve got to; come up with recipes, grocery shop and then do the actual cooking. But it doesn’t need to feel hard or all consuming..
- You’ll procrastinate and feel like you never have the time
- You’ll cook the same meals on repeat and feel bored
- You’ll always be searching for new recipes and feel like you’re in a recipe rut
- Cooking will always feel hard!
- You’ll mess up your meals and have no clue why
- You’ll waste extra money on your grocery bill
- You’ll wish you could outsource your cooking. A private chef, meal kits, takeaway. Anything but you…. but you know nothing is as good as home cooking.
Cooking should feel easy and effortless. Most people don’t know how to cook because the skills weren’t modelled to them. Instead they solely rely on recipes and follow them to a T, scared to mess it up. Except it doesn’t work, takes longer and causes more stress. Learn the foundations of cooking and you’ll finally fall in love with cooking.
Boost your kitchen skills
Hack Your Grocery Bill
Feel powerless against grocery price hikes? Sick of swapping your meat for lentils? Learn the exact steps I take daily to save money on my family grocery bill.
In this PDF guide, I'll show how to take your power back at the supermarket and save your cash from meal planning, shopping, meal prepping, cooking, leftovers and storage.
Perfect for: Anyone new to my work or cooking in general who wants to save money on their grocery bill and take their power back at the checkout.
Budget Friendly Meals Workshop
Want to cook healthy delish meals, but on a budget? This one's for you.
I'm going to show you how to make 5 simple, healthy and budget friendly meals... that aren't full of lentils. So you can take your power back in the kitchen and at the supermarket.
Perfect for: Anyone who wants to cook healthy meals that are budget friendly and not only full of lentils.
Prep Before You Pop - Postpartum Meal Planning course
Bun in the oven? Fill your fridge and freezer with one months worth of delish and nourishing pre-prepared meals and snacks made from the specific ingredients a new mama needs after birth and for breastfeeding. So you don't have to think about or cook a meal while in the 4th Trimester. Over 4 weeks you'll plan, prep and freeze your post baby meals and look forward to post-Postpartum when the help stops and how to navigate this special time.
Perfect for: The pregnant Mama's who want to support their body, energy and peace of mind.
Ditch the Recipes
Ready to save time by ditching recipes and whip up meals with what’s in your fridge and pantry?
In 6 weeks we'll rewire your brain and fill the gaps of your cooking knowledge and confidence so following (and relying) on recipes every time you cook is a thing of the past.
Perfect for: Anyone who has mastered the basics, can follow a recipe and dreams of being able to freestyle in the kitchen and cook without recipes.
start here: grab a guide to help you start your journey to
confidently cooking simple healthy meals
You'll find me in:
I’m Lou. Kitchen Coach, Mama …
and lover of crispy bacon, homemade popcorn and 3 drinks at once (coffee, water and OJ and no I definitely can drink them all).
I bought the concept of ‘healthy lunch delivery’ to the Sydney CBD in 2013 when you had to walk 45 minutes to get a half decent bowl of greens.
And back to those 3 hour corn fritters, I’d serve them up, with nothing else. Then demand my guests cook their own eggs (and mine too).
You’ll find me in Vogue, Harris Farm, Buzzfeed, and Body+Soul. And most notably (to me) cooking day in and day out for my family, while being a mum, running a business and having a life.
MISTAKES I’VE MADE
– I followed recipes to a ‘T’. Step by step. I was so busy focussing, I never learnt anything and I’d be exhausted by the time the meal was ready.
– I’d buy all the ingredients and then never use them, wasting my money.
– I used to plan my meals by following other peoples recipes, not paying attention to the seasons.
– Because I didn’t pay attention to the seasons. My veggies weren’t fresh and delicious like seasonal is and I spent more money on our grocery bill.
– And because I lacked confidence and skills, I couldn’t freestyle with the ingredients I had meaning I’d waste food that I left sitting it the fridge.
– When I started experimenting with ditching the recipe. I made a lot of bad, bland and inedible meals because I lacked a solid cooking foundation and flavour knowledge.
Throw in a Cancer scare at 21. A lot of bland meals and litres of sludgey poo-brown smoothies. I’ve emerged with the cooking knowledge of a 150 year old Nonna.
I’ve hacked the recipe planning system to make my life easier while cooking for hundreds a week and this is what I teach my students to do. To take back their power in the kitchen and connect to their roots of cooking.
beginner’s meal prep and cooking tips
6 handy kitchen and cooking guides to help you find your feet.
the best of
products i love
My favourite products and services that I use regularly at home.